Apply for mains & services

Please note that our application forms may change without notice.


Following the changes made by the introduction of the retail water market in April 2017, if you are applying for a non-household/commercial supply or building water only supply, then you will need to appoint a water retailer to be registered to that supply. If you do not appoint a retailer, then the market will appoint one for you.

For a list of retailers in the market, please go to

You can either requisition mains and services from us or employ a self-lay provider to install them. Please note that our application forms may change without notice. Download a new form each time you make an application and do not rely on saved copies.

Large-scale projects

Advice for large-scale developments.

If your development is larger and will require new mains, then complete the form below. Please note: a single form can now be used to apply for both the mains and service connections at the same time. 

Small-scale projects

Advice for homeowners & builders.

If it is likely that your development will not require new mains to be installed because it consists of only a handful of properties which all front on to an existing road, then you can complete a simpler Application for Supply Form, just for the service connections.

Self-lay providers (SLP)

Find out what SLPs can do for you.

If you wish to appoint your own accredited contractor to install the mains and/or services for you, then you should complete this form in conjunction with the self-lay provider you have appointed: 


If you would like us to install the mains and/or connect the services, then you should fill in one of the following forms or visit one of the following pages: