Wholesale charges & policies
We provide wholesale water supply services to non-household customers via their retailer.
Non-household customers are able to choose their retailer, who will bill the customer.
The wholesale charges that we charge to retailers serving customers in our supply area are set out in Sections 5-8 and 11 in our Wholesale Charges Schedule. We also publish separately and in Appendix 2 of our Wholesale Charges Schedule, Retailer Wholesaler Group’s (RWG) Primary Charges Summary Table.
Our charges are updated annually and subject to approval by our Board.
A document setting out our policies relating to data logging, meter usage and leakage allowance can be found in our RWG good practice alignment document.
We have also drawn up a timetable on how we will invoice retailers operating in our supply area (invoicing timetable) and a meter menu.
Meter reading – Bristol Water does not carry out meter-reading services. Our household and non-market meters are presently read by Pelican Business Services. Should you wish to enquire about Pelican Business Services' meter-reading services, please contact them directly on 0345 600 3600 or visit their website.
- Access Prices 2024/25
- Indicative Statement of Significant Change 2024/25
- Indicative Board Assurance Statement 2024/25
- BRL RWG Indicative Template 2024/25
- Indicative Bristol wholesale charges 2024/25
- Invoicing Timetable 23-24
- RWG Primary Charges Summary Table 23-24
- Charges Scheme and Wholesale Charges Assurance Statement for 23-24
- Retailer Wholesaler Group (RWG) Good practice alignment 2023
- Wholesale Services Policies 23-24
- Wholesale Charges Schedule 23-24
- Access Code 23-24
- Assurance Statement for Indicative Charges 23-24
- Indicative Wholesale Charges Schedule 23-24
- Wholesale Services Policies 22-23
- Wholesale Charges Schedule 22-23
- Assurance Statement 22-23
- Retailer Wholesaler Group (RWG) Good practice alignment
- Assurance Statement - Indicative Wholesale tariffs 22-23
- Indicative Wholesale Charges Schedule 22-23
- Access Code 22-23
- Wholesale services policies 21-22
- Wholesale charges schedule 21-22
- Wholesale charges schedule 20-21 (excel)
- Assurance statement 21-22
- Indicative wholesale charges schedule 21-22
- Indicative wholesale charges 21-22
- Assurance statement - indicative wholesale tariffs 21-22
- Statement of significant changes 21-22
- Access code 21-22
- Wholesale services policies 20-21
- Wholesale charges schedule 20-21
- Assurance statement 20-21
- Access code 20-21
- Invoicing timetable 20-21
- Non-household invoicing timetable 19-20
- Meter menu
- RWG alignment
We're committed to ensuring that we conduct our business in a way that is ethical and compliant with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
This includes competition law and the principles associated with ensuring a level playing field in the markets in which we operate.
To ensure this, we have in place various policies and procedures to assist our employees, agents, contractors and service providers in understanding our obligations and our approach to ensuring compliance. In setting out the basis on which we, as a wholesaler, interact with licensed retailers and non-household customers, this Compliance Code is designed to meet our obligations under Condition R of our Instrument of Appointment.
We recognise the Water Industry Accredited Entity Scheme (WIRSAE) and will allow accredited entities under this scheme to carry out the following defined activities on behalf of a retailer:
- Temporary disconnection and reconnection of non-household premises up to and including 40mm sized supply (TDNHS)
- Temporary disconnection and reconnection of non-household premises over 40mm sized supply (TDNHA)
- Installation or replacement meter in existing chamber/inside building up to and including 40mm sized supply (MIAES)
- Installation or replacement meter in existing chamber/inside building over 40mm sized supply (MIAEL)