Apply For Mains & Services

Please Note - Following the changes made by the Introduction of the Retail Water Market. From April 2017, if you are applying for a non-household/commercial supply or building water only supply, then you will need to appoint a water retailer to be registered to that supply. If you do not appoint a retailer, then the market will appoint one for you.

For a list of retailers in the market please go to:

You can either requisition mains and services from us or employ a Self Lay Provider to install them.Please note that our application forms may change without notice.  Re-download a form each time you make an application and do not rely on saved copies.


If you would like us to install the mains and/or connect the services, then you should fill in one of the following forms:

Small developments

If it is likely that your development will not require new mains to be installed because it  consists of only a handful of properties which all front on to an existing road, then you can complete a simpler Application for Supply form, just for the service connections.

Large developments

If your development is larger and will require new mains, then complete this form(a single form can now be used to apply for both the mains and service connections at the same time):


If you wish to appoint your own accredited contractor to install the mains and/or services for you, then you should complete this form in conjunction with the self-lay provider you have appointed:

From April 2018 all Developers working with Bristol Water may be contacted by our regulator, Ofwat, to ask for feedback on Bristol Water and the service we provide. If you do not want to be contacted please inform a member of our Development Service or New Supplies team and we will pass that on to Ofwat.

Contact us about developments

Whatever the problem, we're here to help...