Article taken from: www.bristolwaterfoundation.co.uk
New school year new fun! We’re running a competition for primary schools to become more sustainable and have a bunch of fun (and maybe prizes) on us.
The competition is open to all primary schools in our region, each school will get a free water butt kit to install, and by decorating the water butt, you might just win some book vouchers.
Here’s how to take part:
- Order it! Order your free water butt by dropping an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note you must be a primary school within our service area and be a school member of staff with a school email to order one. If you’re a parent or guardian, why not let your school teacher know so they can take part!
- Decorate it! Have some fun with your class – maybe stick a face on it, put some fabric around it, paint it, whatever you can think of! The more creative the better.
- Submit it! Send us a photo of some of your class with the water butt to email@example.com. Make sure anyone in the photo has photo permission so we can pop it on social media!
- Win it! – our favourite entry will get a lovely £150 book voucher from us and a special certificate, and 2 runner up schools will get a £50 voucher. Wonderful!
- Applications from primary schools are open from now until 30 September.
- All water butts will then be delivered 7-10 days after the competition closing date (early October).
- You’ll have until midday Friday 24 October to make your submission as we’ll be announcing the winner at 2pm on that Friday!
Terms and conditions:
One water butt per school. You must be emailing as a member of staff from a primary school based within the Bristol Water service area, and have a school email address. When you email us, please include the postal address of the school, your job title, and the year group that will be taking part. Your school will be responsible for installing the water butt, but we have a handy guide on how to do this. We reserve the right to close entries to our competition early if we receive a high volume of applications. By sending us a photo of your water butt, you consent to us using the image on our social media channels. Please ensure any children included in the images have the appropriate guardian consent to be included in external social media use. The winning school will receive a £150 National Book Token gift voucher, and 2 runners up will receive a £50 National Book Token gift voucher.