There are currently 1 live water incidents

Priority Services

If you have a medical condition or disability, you can sign up to access our Priority Services. It’s free, only takes a few minutes and you can pick which services you’d like to receive. Or you can contact us to see if you'd be eligible.

How you’ll benefit from signing up:

Supply interruptions

Ensuring you're aware of a supply interuption.

Occasionally, we may need to turn the water supply off to carry out essential works, and we use a variety of means to let our customers know in advance. However, if you're blind, partially sighted, or have difficulties understanding English, the methods we use may not be best suited to your needs.

If you are on the Priority Services register, we can discuss the best way to make sure you're aware of disruptions, whether it be a telephone call, a home visit, or perhaps letting your neighbour know, so they can make you aware.

Sign up now or phone us on 0345 600 3600 and ask if you'd be eligible.

Large print bills
Telephone bill reading
Alternative language
Nominated bill
Meter readings

For people who require additional assistance

We are committed to helping our customers as much as we can, so if you're elderly, have a disability, undergo home dialysis, or have priority needs, you may want to be included on our Priority Services register.

Priority Services FAQs

If you have an unmetered bill and a monthly payment arrangement in place, your annual bill is split over 10 monthly instalments: May to February. We do not take payments in March and April because during these months we generate bills for the forthcoming financial year.

If you have a metered bill and pay by a monthly budget arrangement we can take a payment each month of the year. We will automatically review your payments annually.

To set up a Direct Debit please click here

Charging for water services is a complex matter, involving both the law (primarily the 1991 Water Industry Act) and our economic regulator, the Water Services Regulation Authority, which is referred to as Ofwat.

Your supply is either unmetered or metered, and this normally determines the way we charge for your water supply.

Unmetered – we normally use the rateable value (RV) of your property and calculate the cost for the year in advance

Metered – we normally read the meter twice a year and you pay for the water you actually use

Click here for more detail

If you feel you are struggling to pay your bills, or you feel like you need extra help then please visit our Priority Services page where you can sign up or find out more.

There is no cost to close your account. Depending on the status of your account and any payment arrangement you may have, there could be a final balance to pay. If you're moving and need to tell us about your change of address, please complete this online form. Alternatively contact us on 0345 600 3600

Your bill is due and payable on issue. To pay this online please click here

If you have subscribed to online billing, you will receive an email advising you when you have a new bill. If you are facing problems paying or wish to discuss a payment arrangement to spread the cost, please contact us.

We supply water to 500,000 homes and businesses across Bristol City, North Somerset and areas of Bath, North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire. That's about 1.2m people who have access to our water every day. Wessex Water is responsible for providing sewerage services for the majority of our customers when they've finished using the water.

We also offer a range of alternative payment options for those struggling to pay, to find out more click here

Your property's rateable value is shown on the front page of your unmetered bill. If you have not yet moved into a property and would like to find out the rateable value, please contact us on 0345 600 3600

Didn't get the answer to your query?
Visit our help & support center

Get in touch

Other help available...

We'd always recommend contacting us first if you'd like a little extra help or assistance, however the following organisations may also be able to support you.

Age UK

Provides services for older people, including advice and financial assistance and helping you maintain your independence.

Disabled Living Foundation

National charity offering impartial advice, information and training on equipment for independent living since 1969.