What is WaterSure Plus?
If you are in a low income household, our bill cap scheme - WaterSure Plus - could help reduce your payments. If you receive benefits or tax credit, have 3 or more children under 19 at home, or need water for medical reasons, you could be eligible for a discount.
Check your eligibility and apply today
Use our handy Chatbot to check whether you're eligible for WaterSure Plus, and if you are, you can apply instantly. You can find the Chatbot at the bottom right hand-side of your screen.
You also have the option of applying through a printed application form if you'd prefer, instead of applying through our Chatbot.
Quick eligibility checker
If you're in a rush, you can quickly find out if you're eligible before chatting to our bot and apply later. To be eligible you have to meet the following conditions:
1. Your water supply is metered
2. Someone in the household is in receipt of one of the following benefits or tax credits:
- Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit (other than just the family element)
3. There are either:
A) Three or more children under the age of 19 living in the household for whom the person receiving the above benefit also claims Child Benefit; or
- Desquamation (flaky skin disease);
- Weeping skin disease (eczema, psoriasis,
- Abdominal stoma;
- Crohn’s disease;
- Ulcerative colitis;
- Renal failure requiring home dialysis (except where the health authority contributes
to the cost of the dialysis)
- Another medical condition which requires the use of significant additional water and can be supported with a doctor’s certificate.
Applying for WaterSure Plus
If you wish to apply for this financial support you must complete an application form by checking your eligibility with our Chatbot on your screen.
You will need to provide information and supplementary evidence to enable us to reasonably validate your claim.
You will also need to complete a declaration, giving us permission to pass your details to the company providing sewerage services and if the application is for a medical condition to be able to contact your medical practitioner, to verify the information provided.
Things to keep in mind:
- You need to re-apply for assistance every year.
- We will remind you at least 28 days before the anniversary of when you first applied and send a renewal notice for you to complete. You will need to provide the requested evidence each time you reapply.
- You must tell us immediately if your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible. You will remain on the WaterSure Plus scheme until the next time your meter is read.
- You will not be eligible for WaterSure Plus if you use water for discretionary purposes (eg for a swimming pool or garden watering using a sprinkler or unattended device).
Your WaterSure Plus bill
How we charge
We'll continue to send bills each time the meter is read. The bill will show the WaterSure Plus charge and, for your information only, how much your metered charge would have been. Once on the WaterSure Plus scheme, if your actual metered bill is lower than the reduced charge, we will only charge you the lower amount.
How to pay
For those customers with payment arrangement already in place, we'll update those arrangements and tell you of any changes. For customers who don't have a payment arrangement in place there are a number of options available such as Direct Debit or you can have your payments deducted from your benefits. Visit our billing page for more information.