Reporting a leak
Aside from causing personal distress and inconvenience, water leaks also cause a large amount of water to be wasted. For this reason, Bristol Water is committed to repairing leaks quickly.
We want to prevent & repair leaks quickly
Water leaks can occur on the pipes we manage, as well as the pipes you are responsible for. When you let us know about a leak on one of our pipes, in most cases we will aim to have it repaired within 10 working days. If you're unsure whether the leak is on our pipework, or yours, read our page on Responsibility for your pipework.
Why do pipes leak?
How to spot a leak
The following may be tell-tale signs of a water leak:
- Sudden loss of water pressure or flow
- Water gushing from the ground
- Damp patches on the ground, even in dry weather
- Your plumbing making a constant noise, even when no water is being used
- If you use a water meter and you find your bill is much higher than usual
- Your water meter registers a flow even when no appliances or taps are in use
Responsibility for a leak
How LeakStop helps...
If you have a leak on a pipe that hasn't yet entered your property, LeakStop can help you by:
- Providing one free repair*
- Providing one subsidised repair*
- Work is guaranteed for 12 months
* Terms and conditions apply
Get in touch
Report a leak online. Pinpoint the leak on a map.
Call our dedicated Leak Line to report a problem.
Work in your area
Check maintenance & repair work going on near you.