Firstly, a huge thank you from us. You've been looking out for us and now we want to look out for you. If you've been asked to wash your NHS uniform at home, you can now apply for a rebate on your water use.
At a glance
If you're an NHS frontline worker and are required to launder your own uniform, you can now apply for a £50 rebate on your next water bill.
In the absence of NHS laundry facilities, the NHS guidelines state that uniforms must be laundered separately from other personal items and on the hottest temperature possible for the item. The pandemic means that many workers are washing uniforms on a daily basis.
We don't think it's fair that NHS workers, who are playing such a critical role in fighting against the virus, should pay more on their water bill because of this.
Criteria to be eligible for the rebate:
Supplied by us
You must be supplied by Bristol Water and Wessex Water
On a water meter
If you're unmetered, water use won't affect your bill
A frontline NHS worker
And required to wash your uniform at home in the way discussed above
Which NHS workers qualify?
Thousands of NHS frontline staff have been told to wash their uniform at home instead of at work, and we don't think they should pay for the extra water use.
Please make sure you're aware of everything before you apply:
Terms and conditions
- Once your application has been accepted, a rebate of up to £50 will be applied to your next bill.
- The rebate will apply in relation to your water and sewerage consumption for the period from 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 ("relevant period") only.
- Each eligible person within the same household is entitled to one rebate during the relevant period and required to fill in an application form in order to be entitled for that rebate.
- Eligibility - you can only apply for a rebate if you:
- receive your water supply from Bristol Water and sewage from Wessex Water
- are on a water meter; and
- are a frontline NHS employee and required to wash your uniform given to you by your employer.
- Bristol Water and Wessex Water's decision in relation to a person’s eligibility to obtain a rebate will be final.
- Bristol Water and Wessex Water reserve the right to amend the eligibility criteria and to void, suspend or cancel the rebate at any time, including but not limited to circumstances where you have applied for a rebate but are not eligible for that rebate.