Our vision for the future is “Trust beyond water – providing excellent customer experiences.”
Our customers and stakeholders expect more than just the product we supply. It reflects our mission to be: “A company that our communities trust and are proud of. To deliver excellent experiences and create social and economic value”.
We already work closely in collaboration with local communities, local businesses and stakeholders. We are well placed to continue to build on these relationships to meet the current and future needs of our customers, stakeholders and the environment, fulfilling a role well beyond the basic provision of water.
Bristol Water… Clearly
Bristol Water… Clearly is our long-term ambition looking ahead to 2050.
It sets out what we have been doing, who we have been listening to and working with, and what we could do in the future. It sets out some of the options we face for the long term, and how we plan to work with others to address shared challenges.
We have used the views of our customers, stakeholders and employees to develop this future ambition. Bristol Water… Clearly plays back what we have heard, and presents how we have translated these views into our plans for the future.
You can share your views on our future plans by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or join the conversation on Twitter @BristolWater using #bristolwaterclearly
See below a summary of our of our objectives and you can download the full version of Bristol Water… Clearly by clicking here.
Excel at Customer Experience
Building trust and achieving customer excellence needs to continue. This is our top priority.
• Improve our communication channels
• Improving the use of data, e.g. linking asset information to customer data
• Transform the way that we deliver so that every interaction with us is positive e.g. reduced traffic disruption from our works
• Faster response to our customers
• Customer centric asset decisions e.g. network geographic location link to customers
• Give customers choice of bundled services – e.g. provide water efficiency choice
• Customer self service – e.g. Direct Debit payment choices used to help trigger vulnerable service promotion
• All customers with good water pressure (including end consumers on shared connections)
Develop our people and our business
Our employees and delivery partners are key to our strategy – they are the source of our customer excellence and innovation. Customer excellence means we need to be ready for the future shape of utilities that provide services that customers want (potentially not just water), rather than just a product.
• Develop cross-utility service offerings that connect with customers and communities
• Support local academic and entrepreneurial partnerships
• Invest in and develop our people and organisation
• Build joint ventures and partnership working to get wider benefits to our business and local community resilience
• Participate in and encourage further use of competitive markets, such as for water resources and demand management
• Reduce leakage and consumption
• Collaborate to deliver resource efficient communities
• Actively promote metering
The subject of our reputation runs through the entirety of our strategy and supports all the other strategic objectives. It is not only about maintaining legitimacy with customers, consumers, communities and other stakeholders, but also about them having trust in our stewardship of the long-term sustainability and resilience of Bristol Water and our local environment.
Deliver resilient and high quality water
• All major population centres can be served by more than one source.
• We will build trust through communicating our longer term plans.
• We will continually improve the resilience of water supplies – this requires us to deliver across a wide range of areas, including leakage
and water efficiency
• Community engagement and leadership in promoting the value of water
• Share our success and partnership working e.g. where customers help to support innovation that ultimately has wider benefits
• Maintain the long-term health of our assets as a minimum; improving long-term health as we deliver the service improvements that
• Deliver fair returns for our shareholders.
We are committed to transforming our cost base.
Optimising our use of water resources and water treatment, in line with our Drinking Water Safety Plans
• Ambitious targets to reduce costs further
• Implement smart technologies in energy cost reduction and increase renewable energy generation
• Apply world class asset management processes
• Apply continuous improvement and lean cost reduction to everything we do
• Continue to build long-term financial resilience
• Achieve a low and efficient cost of financing
• Zero tolerance for health and safety failures for our workforce, our supply chain and our communities
Stay up to date with the latest Bristol Water updates
I’ve spent my week living with the same amount of water as people from other countries. On some days, I had as little as 4 … Continue reading Rob’s top 5 tips for saving water – Blog
So, over the past week, I have been living with less water than the average Brit. Why? Mainly because I don’t keep my mouth shut … Continue reading Living with less water – Blog
Only 4% of the 150 litres of water we use each day is for drinking. The water industry is interesting as it is one of … Continue reading Saving Water
Whether you are having a family day out or taking part in one of the outdoor activities around the lake, our restaurants are the perfect … Continue reading Eating and Parking