Bristol Water aims to provide an outstanding water service in an environmentally sustainable way and we recognise our legal responsibility to safeguard the environment.
We are committed to effective environmental management in order to:
- Make efficient use of any resources used by our business.
- Help our customers use water efficiently.
- Ensure that any impact on the environment are sustainable and where possible creates a benefit to the environment
We will achieve this by:
- Reducing our leakage target by active leakage control, investment in leakage detection and maintaining our network effectively.
- Improving our overall pumping efficiency through continuous improvement and innovation in the way we monitor, operate and maintain our pumping plant, with replacement of inefficient equipment.
- Helping customers use water efficiently, through education, water efficiency devices and audits.
- Increasing household meter penetration through installation of meters on unmeasured properties whenever there is a change in occupier.
- Reducing our carbon emissions by reducing leakage and improving the efficiency of our equipment.
- Delivering raw water quality improvements of our lakes and sources through a catchment management approach.
- Managing and monitoring our effect on the environment through an innovative “biodiversity index” approach, so where possible we create a benefit to the environment.
- Meeting our targets for waste water disposal compliance by fulfilling all conditions of our environmental permits.
Stay up to date with the latest Bristol Water updates
“Bristol Water…Clearly” is our consultation on our long-term ambitions. The document sets out our long-term ambitions for water services, local communities and the environment out … Continue reading Bristol Water publishes a consultation on its long-term ambitions
Ben Newby, Customer Services Director, Bristol Water. Giving people time and space to think is always a difficult ask in an increasingly busy world. But … Continue reading Harbouring creative thinking – The Gilbert & George way
Only 4% of the 150 litres of water we use each day is for drinking. The water industry is interesting as it is one of … Continue reading Saving Water
Whether you are having a family day out or taking part in one of the outdoor activities around the lake, our restaurants are the perfect … Continue reading Eating and Parking