Mick Axtell was appointed to the Board on 30 January 2014. He joined the Company in September 2013 as Deputy Finance Director, was appointed Finance Director in January 2014 and became CFO in November 2015 and now manages the Corporate Services Directorate (CSD).
Prior to joining the Company he held a number of senior Finance roles at RWE, one of Europe’s leading electricity and gas companies. Outside of work, Mick enjoys spending time with his family and participating in a variety of sports.
The Corporate Services Directorate
CSD is at the hub of Bristol Water. It provides a dual role to the business:
Business support: CSD brings together most of the business functions that provide a service to the core operational teams. CSD aims help the business to achieve its vision and strategic objectives, through professional advice and an efficient and effective support service.
Independent review: a) to work with the business to achieve high levels of compliance across the various regulations, rules and laws that the company has to meet b) provide clear, independent review of proposals and performance to help the business take decisions and progress with strategic objectives.
CSD teams include:
- Business Improvement – to assist Bristol Water continually seek and implement improvements to the way it operates and to deliver these improvements as efficiently as possible;
- Business Services – aim to provide efficient & effective business services support within Bristol Water and to wider stakeholder.
- Financial Control – administer a strong financial control environment, process all financial transactions effectively and efficiently and meet the Bristol Water group’s statutory, tax and financial regulatory reporting obligations.
- Financial Planning & Analysis – provide a finance business partnering function to help optimise decisions through financial analysis and provide accurate and timely financial management information.
- Legal & Compliance – assurance services so that Bristol Water complies with its many and varied corporate obligations and oversee and foster an ethos of Quality management throughout the organisation.
- Procurement – responsible for the management of supplies and services contracts so that we get the best value available and minimise commercial risk during the procurement.
Stay up to date with the latest Bristol Water updates
“Bristol Water…Clearly” is our consultation on our long-term ambitions. The document sets out our long-term ambitions for water services, local communities and the environment out … Continue reading Bristol Water publishes a consultation on its long-term ambitions
Ben Newby, Customer Services Director, Bristol Water. Giving people time and space to think is always a difficult ask in an increasingly busy world. But … Continue reading Harbouring creative thinking – The Gilbert & George way
Only 4% of the 150 litres of water we use each day is for drinking. The water industry is interesting as it is one of … Continue reading Saving Water
Whether you are having a family day out or taking part in one of the outdoor activities around the lake, our restaurants are the perfect … Continue reading Eating and Parking