Where does my water come from?

We have 68 different sources including: reservoirs, rivers, springs, wells and boreholes. Blagdon Lake and Chew Valley Lake are our largest collection reservoirs and can hold nearly 30,000 million litres of Mendip water between them. The River Severn is our largest single source, capable of supplying more than half the area’s daily needs via the open air water main, the Sharpness Canal.

What area do you supply water?

Our area of supply ranges from Thornbury and Tetbury in the north to Street and Glastonbury in the south, from Weston-s-Mare in the west to Frome in the east. Wessex Water provide sewerage services in much of our area.

What does a 'shared supply' or 'joint supply' mean?

This is where the supply pipe from the water main is serving more than one property. The responsibilty for repair is equally shared between all those receiving a supply from this pipe.

Who is responsible for my lead supply pipe?

We are responsible for the pipework that brings water to a property boundary. The pipe that runs from your property boundary up to and into your property is your responsibility. We offer a lead pipe replacement scheme.

Find out more about our lead pipe replacement scheme.

Whose responsibility are the water pipes?

The whole of the water pipe from the main to the first internal water fitting is called the Service Pipe. This pipe is divided into two sections.

Communication Pipe

This is normally the length of pipe from the connection with the water main, to a point where the pipe crosses the boundary between the street and someone’s garden. This part of the pipe is normally maintained by Bristol Water.

Supply Pipe

This is normally the length of pipe from the property boundary to the first internal water fitting. In exceptional cases the supply pipe can extend right up to the connection to the main. This section of pipe is owned and maintained by the owners of the property supplied by that pipe.

Where can I find your codes of practice?

You can find a copy of our codes of practice here. 

What is your complaints procedure?

We aim to provide the best possible service at all times, if you have a complaint we like to give you a clear understanding of how it will be dealt with and escalated where required. We have two codes of practice for enquiries and complaints, one for billing and one for water supply enquiries.

You can view our codes of practice here.

What are your codes of practice?

We are part of a regulated industry, this means there is legislation controlling how we operate. Often we go above what is required by us by law and we outline these policies and procedures in our various codes of practice.

What are the opening hours of customer services?

Our main customer service departments for operational and billing enquiries are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.

We have a 24 hour service for water related emergencies.

How do you help deaf customers?

We offer a Customer Care Plus scheme, which offers a range of services to meet customers requirements. These services are free of charge and are available to anyone living within our region, regardless of whether you are the bill payer.

Mincom Equipment

Should you need to contact us, both our Billing and Operational departments have Minicom equipment, the numbers can be found below.

Billing enquiries: 0345 600 3 600 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm)
For queries about billing, payment arrangements, moving address. meters, high consumption, problems paying  and Customer Care Plus.

General enquiries: 0345 702 3797 (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm)
For queries about your water supply, work in your area, water pressure, water supply interruptions, leaks and water quality.

Emergency hotline: 0345 702 3797 (24 Hour)

Work in your area

Find latest work in your area

To find out the latest on work in your area please enter your postcode into our interactive map
Read more >

Emergency news

Is there an on-going incident in your area? Find out the latest information
Read more >

Major Schemes

Further information on our current schemes can be found on the left hand side of this page
Read more >