Pre-development enquiries allow you to obtain the information you need to:
- Help you decide, prior to purchase, whether developing a parcel of land is feasible
- Choose between the two methods of installing the required water infrastructure – requisitioning and self-lay.
- However if your development is less than five properties it is unlikely that you will need a water main, so you can complete the services only Application Form in the Small Developments section of the website and not a pre-development enquiry form.
Basic supply strategy enquiry
If you can tell us:
- the location of the site
- how many dwellings are to be constructed on it
- the estimated peak flow rate for any other proposed properties
then we will be able to give you an indication of the scope of the work required to supply your development. We will not produce a design for the required mains, or provide budget costs, but you will be told whether it’s the main that runs straight past your development or a main on the other side of town that will supply your development, for example.
Enquiries are free of charge unless significant investigation into the supply strategy is required. We will contact you if we require a fee to be paid.
Preliminary mains design enquiry
If you can:
- tell us the location of the site
- provide a site layout drawing for the site
- tell us how many dwellings are to be constructed
- tell us the peak flow rate and annual water consumption for any other properties that are to be built
then we will be able to put together a provisional design for the mains that would be required to supply your development and provide budget costs for the required work. Information on the costs associated with both requisitioning the required pipework and self-laying it will be provided.
An application fee is payable for this service.
Responses to straight forward enquiries will normally be sent out within 21 calendar days.
If you have completed a Preliminary Enquiry you should choose whether to requisition or self-lay the required infrastructure and complete application form for the chosen option.
Stay up to date with the latest Bristol Water updates
Construction of our new £27 million water infrastructure project is progressing well, with 14% per cent of pipe in the ground already. We are currently … Continue reading Strawberry Line Update
It’s all systems go in the new water retail market as the countdown to competition begins. In just six weeks’ time an estimated 1.2 million … Continue reading Six weeks to retail market opening
Our drought plan outlines our strategy for managing operations through prolonged dry periods that could result in shortages in water resources. Following a public consultation … Continue reading Current Drought Plan 2012
We have a statutory duty to review and update our Drought Plan every 5 years. We are now updating our drought plan for publication in … Continue reading Drought Plan Update 2017/18
A national awareness campaign is underway to help businesses, charities and public sector organisations in England have a better understanding and awareness of the new … Continue reading Raising awareness of the new retail water market